Thanks for racing! We’ll see you next year for The Walburg Classic, 2014 edition. Check out 2013 results.
Saturday February 23, 2013
Brought to you by:
* If the minimum field size of 6 riders is not met, promoter reserves the right to combine fields and adjust prize list.
* Field limits of 100 racers. Cat 5 A/B men are limited to 50 riders each and Cat 4 women are limited to 75 per USAC regulations.
* Cat 5 racers cannot enter the 40+ or 50+ field.
* Junior restricted gear ratios will be in enforced per USAC regulations. A second follow vehicle will accompany the Junior10-14 race.
* Texas Cup points will reported separately to TXBRA for junior boys and girls, but will compete for one set of prizes.
** Cat 5 Men–there are 2 races at different times! Make sure you know which one you enter online beforehand! This category fills up fast so pre-register ASAP!
Registration: NO ON-SITE REGISTRATION! PRE-REGISTRATION ONLY on www.bikereg.com will close at midnight, Central Time, Thursday, 2/21/13. Online preregistration fees apply. Packet pick-up will be held at Nelo’s Cycles, 8108 Mesa Dr #105B, 78759 on Friday 2/22, between 4-7pm (no race registration will take place).
Course Description: 24-mile rolling course with hills, false flats, likely wind and an uphill finish in the German town of Walburg. Race rollout from parking, racing starts at Walburg Mercantile restaurant at left turn connecting FM 972 / FM 1105. FM 1105 out of town to Theon, continuing to Schwertner. Take a right turn at Schwertner on FM 487. Next turn is on FM 301 heading south/right. Take a right turn on FM 972 back into Walburg. There will be an uphill finish just before reaching the town of Walburg. Please see: www.TXBRA.org for course maps.
Directions to Walburg: From Dallas take I-35 South to exit 268 (FM 972) 3 miles north of Georgetown go east on FM 972 4 miles to Walburg. From Austin & Houston take I-35 North to exit 268 (FM 972) 3 miles north of Georgetown go east on FM 972 4 miles to Walburg. Parking: 1/2 m south of 972 on 1105.
All USAC rules are in effect. Wheels will be neutral. Event held rain or shine. Unlicensed Riders will be required to purchase a one-day license ($10.00). This is a TXBRAendorsed State Cup Series Event where State Cup points are calculated.
***Riders holding foreign licenses must present a valid 2013 UCI license in order to be eligible to race. Expired licenses will not be accepted. If you have any questions regarding your eligibility, please contact the race director no later than February 1 for verification.***
Contact: James Ezell, email@example.com, 512-619-5750